Microsoft released Windows 10 KB4592438 offline installers for users. However, Microsoft also released the update via the Windows Update channels too. The offline installer for the Windows 10 Build 19042.685 allows users to apply the update on multiple PCs by downloading the file once.
The Windows 10 Build 19042.685 or Windows 10 KB4592438 is a monthly update that brings security fixes and improvements to your Windows 10 machine. Microsoft recommends users to patch their systems running both Windows 10 20H2 and Windows 10 2004 via the latest update. As this update fixes both security issues and other reported problems for consumers and businesses users.
How to download Windows 10 KB4592438
- Visit Microsoft Update Catalog page.
- Search for KB4592438 or Click here to land on the page directly.
- Download the appropriate Cumulative Update for Windows file for version 2004 and 20H2 depending on the version of Windows 10 running on your system
- 2020-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4592438)
- 2020-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems
- Once the file has been downloaded, Launch the update by double-clicking on it.
- Wait for the update to apply
- At last, Restart your system
- Uninstall Notes: This software update can be removed by selecting View installed updates in the Programs and Features Control Panel.
Changelog for Windows 10 KB4592438 (Build 19042.685)
- Fixed Xbox’s game app while pairing gaming consoles to the computer.
- Issue fixed where Windows 10 will fail to display the local account groups while manually applying additional language packs.
- Bug fixed that displays a black screen while users try to sign in using the Windows Virtual Desktop feature.
- Removed ‘About’ dialog in the Internet Explorer with a new modern dialog.
- Fixed Windows 10 experiences a memory leak due to some APIs.
- Improved the dark mode for File Explorer.
- Windows 10 in-place upgrade feature fixed.