The Chromium-based Microsoft Web Browser, Microsoft Edge gets built-in strong password generator feature named Suggest strong passwords with its latest update. This is a quite nifty feature that helps users to generate strong, unique password and complex passwords that are difficult to guess while creating an account online or when changing an existing password instead of using the same password across all online accounts. Microsoft Edge version 88 also brings several new privacy, and productivity features, as well.
Enabling suggest strong password on Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge (make sure you are on Edge 88 or above).
- Click the 3 dot menu button on the top-right corner.
- Select the Settings option.
- Click on Profiles.
- Under the “Your profile” section, click the Passwords tab.Or simply click on edge://settings/profiles to jump directly.
- Simply toggle on/off the switch to enable or disable the Suggest strong passwords.
After you complete the above steps, and you are signing up for a new account or changing the password of your existing account the browser will popup and suggest a strong and complex password. You can also instruct Microsoft Edge will automatically save and if you are logged in with your Microsoft Account the credentials will be synced across devices. Do make sure that you are on the latest version of Microsoft Edge i.e. is Edge 88 or later.
Read Also, Microsoft Edge Canary for Apple Silicon released.