Department of Computer Science & Engineering in association with the centre for continuing education, NIT Warangal is organizing Online Continuing Education Programme on “Machine Learning and Optimization for Uncertain Decision Making” on March 5-9,2021.
About the Institute
National Institute of Technology Warangal, formerly known as Regional Engineering College was established in 1959. Over the years it has developed into a premier institute of higher learning and is ranked among the top technical education institutions in India. There are 13 Departments offering eight undergraduate and 32 post-graduate programmes besides doctoral programmes.
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering was established in the year 1991. The department offers high-quality undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs. The department provides state-of-art research facilities to generate knowledge and develop technologies in the thrust areas of Computer Science and Engineering.
Overview of FDP
Machine learning and Optimization are two important components of Soft computing and have a huge impact on the uncertain decision-making process. This FDP is aimed to explore the applicability of Machine Learning and Optimization techniques to solve various real-life decision-making problems where the available information is incomplete and imprecise.
- To enable participants to learn and conceptualize Machine Learning methods in various areas like biomedical, defence, e-commerce, education, healthcare, etc.
- To investigate the fundamental concepts and applicability of optimization methods.
- To explore the opportunities of hybridizing optimization algorithms in machine learning paradigm for generating better outcomes.
- Effectively implement Deep Learning models for image classification using Python.
- Implement Computer Vision and Medical image applications using python.
- Application of MCDM techniques to solve day-to-day decision-making problems.
Faculty members in all disciplines of Engineering, Sciences, Mathematics, Life sciences, Management, Post-Doctoral Fellows, Research Scholars, PG students, UG students who have an aptitude to work in the areas of Machine learning, Optimization, and MCDM techniques.
Eligible candidates may apply by filling the following google form with payment proof
on or before February 28, 2021.
- Registration Link – https://forms.gle/SiBTAR1uknUUwLcd7
- Brochure Link – https://www.nitw.ac.in/media/uploads/Brochure_of_FDP_on_MedChem_DK_NITW_1.pdf
- Registration fee
- Faculty, Post-doctoral fellows, Research Scholars, PG students, UG students Rs. 500 /
- Industry participants Rs. 1000/
A registration fee may be remitted Online through NEFT to the Bank account given below. Proof of remittance of the requisite registration fee (with a transaction number if online transaction) shall be uploaded in the google form.
- Account Number – 62403680215 (Savings Account)
- Account Name – Center for Continuing Education NITW
- Bank Name – State Bank of India (SBI)
- Branch – NIT Warangal
- IFSC Code: SBIN0020149